Have you been ordered by Child Protective Services or a Judge to take a parenting class? According to Department of Family and Protective Services,
Parenting classes are designed to:
- Teach parents the basics of child development so they will have appropriate expectations of their children.
- Teach parents appropriate, non-aggressive discipline and ways to manage and correct misbehavior.
- Help parents recognize their strengths and use them when parenting.
- Tell parents about local resources that deal with parenting and family issues.
- Connect parents with other parents for support and encouragement.
Developmental Stages of Children, Age-Appropriate Activities for Children, Positive Guidance and Discipline of Children, Fostering Children’s Self Esteem, Supervision and Safe Practices in the Care of Children, Positive Interaction with Children, Preventing the Spread of Communicable Diseases and Immunizations, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, Abusive Head Trauma, and Early Childhood Brain Development.
BUY NOW– $30
- Self Regulation -You will learn the importance of discipline and self-regulation. You will be able to differentiate between discipline, self-regulation and punishment. This lesson introduces you to the different areas of the brain that can control our emotions. You will learn techniques to identify your own emotions and learn to calm yourself where you can guide children to do the same type of self-regulation.
- Power of Perception – You will learn the how your perceptions affect how you discipline children. You will learn to identify your predisposed perceptions and how they influence the discipline of children. You will learn the difference between traditional discipline and conscious discipline. Finally, you will learn techniques to identify how you look at the world and how that influences your interactions with children.
- Power of Unity – You will learn how important it is to teach rather than control children. You will be able to identify the differences between teaching and controlling. You will also learn the difference between individualism and unity. You will learn the importance of connecting with others and the world. You will learn how to guide with love rather than fear.
- Power of Attention – You will learn the importance of attention. You will learn the skills needed to refocus your attention when you lose control of yourself
Coming Soon – It takes a Village to Raise a Child – Become a Better Parent by Becoming a Better You
I am an educator in every facet of my life. I teach early childhood education in the classroom and online as well as develop online training and professional development for employers. I also teach homeschoolers literature and homeschool my 17 year old son who graduates in May.